1. Bagpipes - love the sound of them. Just love 'em.
2. Celtic Music, kinda goes with number 1.
3. Love Irish step dancing. Went to see Riverdance several years ago....AMAZING! Loved it. Wish I could be an Irish step dancer. Don't worry, I did start out my day with a little Irish jig.
4. Green. Great color.
5. Little green men.
7. A reason to celebrate for no good reason... I thought about adding a small history lesson to this post about how St. Patrick's Day all started... but then I decided I didn't care. Which is basically my point. Today is a day to celebrate and have fun for reasons most of us don't even really know, or care to know. So, time to party!
8. Only day of the year it's acceptable to pinch people.
9. In general I have a curious attraction to Ireland. I'd love to visit there someday. I will...I just haven't planned that trip yet. Australia is in the works...Ireland will be next.
10. Over the years people seem to recall that it is one of my favorite holidays. For that reason alone many friends and family have called or sent texts to wish me a fabulous St. Patrick's Day. It's like a second birthday.
The day is not over...but I'll go ahead and share the beginnings of my holiday...
It started in Texas with me playing Wii till all hours of the night. (Work has officially thrown off my sleeping schedule.) After I slept a bit I woke up. Started my day off right with an Irish jig and ate green breakfast cooked by my sister Amy. She did a fabulous job of adding a little green as you can see...
My huge shamrock pancake. I couldn't eat it. I'd already had so many small ones...and I had to run off to the airport. Thats all for now. We'll see what the day brings me. St. Patrick's Day post part II, still to come....
P.S. This relates to my first post on my blog ever. The "P" problem post. I just have to share. On planes, I usually sit by the window so that I can lean against the wall and sleep. However, I decided to switch things up a bit and sit in the aisle so that I wouldn't have to ask everyone to get up whenever I had to go pee. I hate doing that. Turns out...I could have stuck with the window seat and been fine. You see, I went this morning when I woke up, and then didn't go again until I got to Phoenix. Amazing. I went 7 hours today without going to the bathroom. I think my bladder has grown...or I was just really dehydrated. Sorry if you feel like this was too much info about me...but anyone who knows me, knows this truly is a St. Patrick's Day miracle!


8 comments:
I'm laughing really hard right now. And yes, it is a miracle, you pee more than anyone I know...and I know a lot of people! :-) We enjoyed your jig this morning and wish you could have stayed longer...maybe we could've had corned beef and cabbage with some green milk for dinner (since you're gone we're having fried chicken...) I'm glad you had a safe flight...and I'm really glad you didn't post pics of me cooking the pancakes in my shamrock apron and "chicken hair". Have a fabulous rest o' the day!
All that green dye must have dried you up... There's NO WAY you could have made it SEVEN hours. NO WAY. I don't believe it. Did you take into account the time change between Texas and Phoenix?? I'm completely stunned.
Happy St. Patrick's Day Jill!!! I have been thinking of you all day. Glad to hear you had the luck of the Irish with you today!! Can we see a video of that Irish jig of yours? ;)Lots of love.
I am very impressed you little Irish leprachaun! I am also jealous of your yum yum pancakes. I celebrated St. Patty's day by pinching Adam multiple times for wearing no green.
I'll go to Ireland w/ you Jill!! Let's do it!
Oh how I long for your blog to be updated... Just a small post is all I ask for. You can even keep the St. Patrick's Day background for all I care!
Hey Jill...I KNOW your life must still have a curious moment or two...please share! Of course I can't talk too much as I myself am not a blogger...but I do so enjoy reading yours :-)
You are so funny girl! So glad you had a St. Patrick's Day miracle. And I love the green pancakes. Hope you're doing well...reading your blog makes me miss ya.
Post a Comment